Tuesday Tips: Creating Your Perfect Study Playlist

Alizea Murdock, Writer

TUESDAY TIPS – Once a week, our staff of student writers will be bringing you advice, information, and suggestions to help you get involved, sharpen up your grades, prepare for new challenges and ideas, and generally make the most of your time as a students of Batavia High School. Today’s tips? How to create the perfect playlist to make study time productive and jamming!

Studying can be boring and tiring, and finding a strategy is important to help you make the most of your time. Listening to music while you study can motivate you to study longer, and possibly help you focus more on your work. Listening to music can elevate your mood, motivate you, and help calm you down if you’re stressed – but, not every song is equal when it comes to a strong study session. With the right combination and some preplanning, you might be able to make it fun to study.

Softer, more atmospheric music can help you focus more than frantic or heavier tunes. But more important than anything is selecting music ahead of time to avoid getting distracted by trying to choose what music to listen to or ending up paying more attention to the song than the studying!

1. Choose music that puts you into a focused mood. Music that motivates or engages the listener can help transfer that focus to your studying. One strategy to try is to sprinkle in some video game music. Game soundtracks are designed to be both energizing and draw you into a more focused mindset.

2. Keep it low and in the background. Remember, a good study session is about the studying, not the jam session. Let your music be soft and blend into the background, taking just enough of your mind to cut out distractions.

3. Set it and forget it. Don’t try to manage your playlist while you’re studying – because they you aren’t studying! Make the playlist well in advance so that you can focus on the job at hand.

Need a little more guidance? Here is a sample from my own study playlist. These 15 songs can get you started, but the rest is up to you when it comes to making your perfect study playlist.

1. Love Jones -Sadiva
  2. Caramel -Elaquent
  3. R.E.M. -Ariana Grande
  4. Beautiful -Bazzi
  5. Perfect -Ed Sheeran
  6. You are The Reason -Calum Scott
  7. Bboy Blue -Pigeondust
  8. Happier -Ed Sheeran
  9. Roses – Shawn Mendes
  10. Like To Be You -Shawn Mendes
  11. Hey There Delilah -Plain White T’s
  12. The Climb -Miley Cyrus
  13. My Boy -Billie Eilish
  14. All The Angels -My Chemical Romance
  15. 90’s Flav -Call me