Construction at Batavia High School

Lillian Stutz, Video

Batavia Local Schools has begun construction on a brand new high school for the town. The construction process was pushed back about 6 months due to COVID-19, but has been resumed and has been in the process of planning since the Fall of 2020.

“The Board has decided as part of the final phase to pursue construction of a new high school and to renovate the current high school to serve as the new middle school, in addition to other campus improvements that will prepare Bulldog Place for a long future of serving the needs of the entire Batavia Community.” according to the Batavia School’s official website as of February 2018.

In the construction presentation, it was confirmed that construction started in June of 2021 in Bulldog Place. There is also a prediction that the elementary school add-on will be completed by May 2022 and the estimated building completion is hoped to be finished March through May of 2023. All school campuses will be reopened in August of 2023.

“We will be starting and ending the 2022-2023 school year a little earlier than normal, and we will be starting a little bit later than normal in the 2023-2024 school year to give us that long summer to get everything done,” says Keith Millard, the Batavia Schools superintendent in the April 2021 construction slide presentation.

Millard also mentioned the demolition or sale of the Batavia Middle School building by the Fall of 2023, but that has not been confirmed by the Board of Education.